It’s no secret that I love entertaining. Few things top the joy of having friends and family over to enjoy food. And the holidays season is full of entertaining, whether I’m acting as host or guest! When we entertain, I’m always serving comfort entrees and easy small bites. And of course, a memorable dessert. I’ve been wanting to add more exciting drinks into the mix, however. Sangria has always been a favorite of mine because it’s so easy to make and is pretty universally enjoyed. And, honestly, I enjoy picking out the infused pieces of fruit – it can be embarrassing…
WINTER APPLE PEAR + CRANBERRY SANGRIA
- 1 bottle (750mL) sparkling wine
- 1 Cup sparkling water
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons dark rum
- 3/4 Cup apple juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 whole pear, seeded and chopped*
- 1/2 Cup fresh cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
*or 1/2 each green and red anjou pears
- Chop fruit and combine with cranberries and cinnamon stick in bottom of pitcher. Combine liquid and cinnamon. Pour over fruit. Stir well.
- Chill for a few hours or overnight.
- Stir again before serving.
Recipe by Luci Petlack, Luci’s Morsels