As promised in last week’s Galentine’s Day Brunch post, here is the recipe for the cute and festive rose raspberry cocktail. Valentine’s Day seem to be all about sugar, so I wanted to create something festive and easy for a brunch. These drinks combine lemon-lime soda and rosé wine for a light drink. Add a sugared rim and some raspberries and we have a perfect cocktail for a girls get-together. Because of the combination of flavors, this cocktail isn’t too strong and the sweetness isn’t overwhelming – my kind of cocktail for a girly get-together. The drink is also pretty simple (you can ditch the sugar rim) and not too expensive! You could easily transform this cocktail to be appropriate for other holidays by changing the fruit. Pomegranate seeds? Cranberries? You could even do blueberries for a fun red, white, and blue drink that’ll be perfect in the summer heat!
ROSÉ + RASPBERRY COCKTAIL
- 1 bottle rose wine, chilled
- 2 cans (24oz.) lemon lime soda (regular or sugar free), chilled
- 1 lemon, juiced
- sugar for glasses
- festive sprinkles
- Place lemon juice in small bowl.
- On a shallow plate combine equal parts sugar and sprinkles. Dip rim of glass in lemon juice and then in sugar mixture. Repeat for each glass.
- Place raspberries in bottom of each glass. Fill one-quarter to one-third glass with lemon-lime soda. Fill glass with rosé wine.
Recipe by Luci Petlack, Luci’s Morsels