I don’t really celebrate Cinco de Mayo with any tradition or gusto, but I need absolutely no excuse to enjoy Mexican food and drinks. Whether it’s chips and salsa, guacamole, fajitas, fried ice cream, or mango margaritas, you can count me in! I know I’ve been cooking with a lot of mint recently. One of my friends has a mint plant, so she keeps replenishing my supply, which is constantly inspiring me to use it more and more. It keeps tasting delicious, so I keep using it again and again. These mango and mint margaritas are no exception. We’ve been pretty obsessed with mango margaritas since having the best of them all at our favorite Mexican restaurant in Reno, Nevada. They’re delightfully sweet and satisfying especially when it’s hot out. So cheers to a great Cinco de Mayo next week and to warming temperatures!
MANGO + MINT MARGARITAS
- 2/3 Cup tequila
- 2 Tablespoons Triple Sec
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 4-6 Tablespoons lightened mint simple syrup
- 2 Cups chopped frozen mango
- 2-3 Tablespoons mint leaves
- 1 1/2 Cups ice
- Combine alcohols, lime juice, syrup, mango, and mint leaves in blender. Taste for flavor, adding more lime juice, syrup, or tequila depending on taste.
- Add in ice. Blend until no more large ice chunks appear.
Recipe by Luci Petlack, Luci’s Morsels