1. Callisto Wedges 2. Via Spiga Espadrille Wedges
3. Bella Vita Tassel Wedges 4. Gentle Souls Wedges
5. Marc Fisher Espadrille Wedges 6. Stuart Weitzman Denim Wedges (on sale!)
7. Lucky Brand Wedges 8. Via Spiga Suede Wedges
9. Vince Camuto Wedges 10. Marc Fisher Patterned Wedges
Every year I profess my love of wedges. They’re just so amazing – really the perfect shoe for warm weather. I love that they’re a bit classier than my regular flat sandals. And I LOVE that they’re so much more comfortable than any of my heels. There are tons of cute wedge sandals out there, but they aren’t all created equal in terms of comfort and walkability. So I have a few guidelines for avoiding the styles that will kill your feet. You’ll be a pro at picking out cute, comfortable wedge sandals in no time!
1. Espadrille sandals are cute, but you don’t want your feet to rub against any espadrille. The “rope” is really hard on your feet and doesn’t provide traction, so make sure it’s just around the sole of the shoe, not under your feet.
2. Look for decent ankle and toe straps. Little straps tend to cut into your foot and don’t provide any support. You really don’t want your feet to be able to move much as you walk. On that note, lace up ankle straps are a no-go in my book. They don’t really hold your heel in place and they cut into my leg once I get them tight enough to actually stay up and not slide down.
3. Note both wedge heights. Product descriptions will give you a height of the wedge under the ball of your feet and under your heel. Wedges vary from one to four inches in change. Choose wedges in a height change you’re comfortable with. Two inches is super comfortable for me. Three isn’t terrible, but I probably won’t be able to walk miles in them. You don’t want anything too high or you’ll still wobble around like you do in stilettos. Also avoid shoes with no change (i.e. platform shoes) – they don’t provide any support.
I recently went crazy looking for wedges and found all these cute ones that fit my wedge criteria! Any favorites?