Every spring growing up, my mom bought white chocolate, brown butter truffles with spring-colored sprinkles on top (I’ve always been a sucker for sprinkles) and they were amazing! I craved them all year round but had to wait for those spring months to arrive. I rarely choose white chocolate now, but I have such happy memories of these tasty treats growing up. White chocolate tends to be rich and sweet, so unless it’s paired perfectly with other flavors, I find it overwhelming. This white chocolate bark is my answer to all these problems. The colors of the dried fruit are great for Easter and springtime, but the salted pistachios and the tart barberries (more below) are the perfect contrast to the otherwise sweet and rich recipe. I found myself reaching for small bite after small bite of this white chocolate bark, each time thinking back to those white chocolate truffles!
A few things about this white chocolate bark recipe. First, the Lindt CLASSIC RECIPE White Chocolate bar is the absolute best for melting. I’ve had plenty of failed attempts at melting chocolate, especially white chocolate, but I had absolutely no issues with this – easy peasy! Second, I used barberries – a very tart berry a friend gave us recently – but you can easily use dried cranberries or dried goji berries. They both have that beautiful dark red color that’s great for contrast and the perfectly tart flavor.
This bark came together in less than 15 minutes – no joke, it’s that easy. I wanted to find a fun way to package it to give to friends, so I packaged it up with some LINDOR Milk Chocolate Easter Eggs in cellophane treat bags (available on Amazon or at Michaels) – a little bit of something for everyone. The colors of the fruit in the bark paired wonderfully with the iconic milk chocolate Lindt GOLD BUNNY, so my super easy recipe looked even fancier!
White Chocolate Bark w. Fruits + Nuts
- 4-4.4oz Lindt White Chocolate CLASSIC RECIPE Bars
- 1/4 Cup chopped, dried apricots
- 1/4 Cup chopped, dried pineapple
- 1/3 Cup dried cranberries, barberries, or goji berries
- 1/3 Cup salted, roasted pistachios, chopped
- Cut chocolate into small pieces (along indents and then cut each piece in half again). Place in microwave safe bowl. Microwave on power level 5 (50%) for 30 seconds.
- Stir chocolate. Repeat until almost all chocolate is melty (3-4 times). Stir in any remaining hunks - they will melt in warmed chocolate.
- Let sit three minutes.
- Meanwhile, line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Pour melted chocolate onto parchment paper. Using a rubber spatula, spread chocolate until about 1/4" thick. Top with dried fruits and pistachios.
- Let sit 1-2 hours before cutting into small pieces. Store in cool, dry place in sealed container.
Thank you to Lindt Chocolate for sponsoring this pot.