Sometimes it feels like it takes the whole season to embrace something. Usually I notice it with fresh produce, finally realizing their true potential only to have the season end the following week. This summer, now starting to wind down, I missed the boat on outdoor entertaining and really hanging out with friends. Of course, I saw friends, but with travel and work, it felt like I was scheduling more phone calls to catch up with friends than coffee dates and get-togethers. Only in the last few weeks have I really gotten better about that. I do think everyone’s travel plans are calming down about now as well, making it much easier to make schedules align. This easy breakfast for 4 looks so amazing, but it was all so simple. Yogurt, granola, fruit, pastries, and my super easy brunch sangria. And no, I certainly didn’t make the pastries (absolutely not my forte)!
My recipe for brunch sangria calls for pears, apples, and grape halves since I first made it in the winter. This time, I sliced a plum and a peach for the fruit to make it perfect for summer. Now I realize just how versatile (and oh my goodness is it easy) that recipe is. I included a “recipe” for this easy breakfast setup below more as a shopping list and to show you how easy it is! Though we only had four people, there was certainly enough for 6!
And no need to get all dressed up – my favorite ripped jeans, a comfortable tee shirt, and my Birdies slippers!
Easy Breakfast for 4
- 1 pint mixed berries of choice
- 1 pound strawberries optional
- 32 oz. plain yogurt
- 4 cups granola
- pastries/sweet bread for 4-6
- orange juice
- Chardonnay wine, chilled
- 1 plum, sliced
- 1 peach, sliced
- Layer yogurt, granola, and fresh fruit in individual glasses or canning jars. Prepare for guests or have them serve their own!
- Keep in sealed bag or closed box until just before serving to keep fresh. If serving a loaf of sweet bread, slice just before serving. optional: surround with fresh strawberries
- Also include water and coffee options for guests!
Thank you to Melissa’s for the fresh berries!