My guy and I always joke about how much we love Mexican food. When we returned from our trip to Italy last year, we ate Mexican food five of the first seven nights back! I usually try to mix up the flavors between tacos, salad, fajitas,burritos, chili, and the like to keep it seemingly different, but we both know it’s those same familiar and delicious flavors. And after our recent fish taco tasting tour, it’s no surprise that fish tacos are a hottie on our dinner repertoire. I recently tried making fish tacos with tuna and they did not disappoint. Combined with this jicama peach salsa that is so simple and so flavorful, we were both reaching for more long after we’d eaten the last one. And this salsa is even great on its own. I enjoyed it for the next few days!
One of the difficult things with fish is that I don’t always know how much to buy. I cook it frequently enough that I’m usually sort of right, but there’s always just a little too much or not quite enough. One of these packets of Bumble Bee tuna is an ideal amount for one person, however, taking away much of the guess work. I bought two packets and we had just enough for two tacos each!
JICAMA PEACH SALSA W. TUNA TACOS
- 1/2 medium jicama, halved and julienned (approx.1 lb of jicama)
- 2 medium peaches, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 5 oz. Bumble Bee Tuna Fillets in Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon chili flakes (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 4 tortillas
- Combine jicama salsa ingredients in large bowl.
- In a small pan, combine tuna (with oil) and seasonings. Cook 2-4 minutes until heated.
- Divide seasoned tuna among four tortillas. Top with jicama peach salsa.
Make this recipe? I'd love to see how it turned out. Tag me @LMinthekitchen on Instagram and use #LMrecipes, so I can see your creation! xo
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own. Thank you for supporting all Luci’s Morsels collaborations.