As I’ve ventured into the world of clean/green/natural beauty and skincare, one of the things I noticed first was how expensive so many of the products are. Now with a little more experience under my belt, I’ve learned that not all green beauty brands are expensive or difficult to get. So here are some great natural beauty products at Target. I will tell you that I have much better luck online than in store with some of these brands, but I’m guessing that will change over time.
Natural Beauty Products at Target
A few words of caution: Not all brands featured in the natural beauty aisle are truly natural. It’s important to do your research, especially if you’re committed to using truly clean/nontoxic products. Due to a lack of regulation in the beauty industry and the so-called practice of “green washing” brands can market themselves as natural or clean, despite their use of chemical, toxic and/or potentially harmful ingredients.
With that said, here are some of our tried and true clean, non-toxic natural beauty products and brands currently available at Target.
Pronounced “well people,” W3LL PEOPLE’s plant-based makeup contains premium natural ingredients and no potentially toxic chemicals, preservatives or petro ingredients.
W3LL People Picks:
- Bio Brightener Stick: lightweight, easy to apply, subtle highlight
- Bio-Extreme Lip gloss in Cherry Red: vegan, slightly sheer, true red with a peppy cinnamon scent
- Expressionist Pro Mascara: thickens and lengthens lashes naturally
Founded in 1921 as a pharmaceutical laboratory with its own plant garden, Weleda is a world-leading manufacturer of certified natural by NATRUE personal care products.
- Sensitive Care Facial Cream: perfect for sensitive and dry skin, features nourishing almond oil
- Body Oil Essentials Kit: 6 travel sized oils perfect for pampering on the go
This recently revamped line from Jessica Alba’s The Honest Company features great beauty and skincare basics in lovely, minimalist packing.
Honest Beauty picks:
- Extreme Length Lash Primer and Mascara: Double-ended for both primer and lengthening mascara
- Depuff Eye Gel Facial Treatment: Soothing and calming ingredients like chamomile and calendula help, cooling applicator
PLANT Apothecary makes unisex, USDA Organic beauty, grooming, and bath products. They cater to all skin types. Products contain no petroleum, parabens, phthalates, sulfates, or silicones—and are packaged beautifully!
PLANT Apothecary picks:
- Not a Spot Acne Treatment Mask: Made with basil and activated charcoal, gentle treats blemishes and can be used as a spot treatment or allover mask
- Reset Organic Makeup Remover: Gentle, organic, oil free… and it works
Sailor by Captain Blankenship
The Sailor line is available exclusively at Target (in stores and online) and features unisex grooming and beauty products, all vegan and cruelty free. The line’s packaging and ingredients are a nod to their inspiration – a seaside family vacation in Greece.
Sailor by Captain Blankenship picks:
- Smooth Sailing Gentle Resurfacing Mask: Aloe and pineapple scent, gentle and moisturizing (plus a great frosted glass bottle!)
- Sea Mist Refreshing Toner: Perfect for use after a workout or a day in the sun