So I have this weird love of curry but this silly ability to completely ignore curry powder in my spice setup! I think I don’t trust myself to underdo or overdo the curry powder. Instead of experimenting, I usually forget about it’s deliciousness. But not now. I have a curry spiced potatoes recipe that’s so simple, it would be silly not to make all the time!
In our previous apartment, my spices lived on the bottom shelf of a cabinet. If something wasn’t in front (i.e. the spices I use everyday) then I likely was going to forget about it!
In our new house, our spices are in a drawer – all facing up at me. I’ve actually been rediscovering some favorite flavors and let me tell you just how excited I am to use all those “holiday spices!”
Curry Spiced Potatoes
You can probably guess that the curry powder wasn’t in the front of that spice cabinet situation, but now it’s front and center!
If you ever visit London, you should absolutely enjoy a meal (or two) at Dishoom. A few years ago, you had to wait a few hours in line outside to get a table (totally not my scene). Now, however, they have locations throughout London (and one in Edinburgh).
When we were there this past spring, we quickly got in for lunch on two separate occasions. Each time we enjoyed these spicy potatoes that were HOT and ADDICTIVE. What made them totally manageable, however, was the dill yogurt sauce that came with it. I PUT THAT SAUCE ON EVERYTHING!!!
These curry spiced potatoes aren’t spicy – though you could easily make them so. I do think they’d be delicious with a yogurt or cream sauce of some kind, however. And with the cilantro, it’d be such a scrumptious combination!!
CURRY SPICED POTATOES
Enjoy these curry spiced potatoes with just about any meal. Roast potatoes with curry powder for an easy, delicious twist for dinner. Serve it with an herbed yogurt or sour cream for the perfect side dish everyone will remember.
- 1.5 pounds small red potatoes halved or quartered
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with the curry powder, salt, and pepper. Stir the potatoes on the baking sheet until they are all evenly coated with oil and seasonings. Spread into a single layer.
- Bake 20 minutes. Stir the potatoes. Bake another 15 to 20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the edges are brown and begin to get crispy.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with chopped cilantro before serving.
Make this recipe? I'd love to see how it turned out. Tag me @LMinthekitchen on Instagram and use #LMrecipes, so I can see your creation! xo