These mini s’mores tarts are a copycat recipe from a delicious find in the middle of downtown San Francisco that I won’t soon forget!
On our recent visit to San Francisco, I had the pleasure of having lunch with some of the great people I work with at POPSUGAR. Never afraid to reach out, I asked if we could go to lunch and meet in person! Thankfully they said yes and made reservations for lunch at Sauce.
I’d never heard of it, but you know I love trying new places. We all shared some small plates to start and finished with a plate of mini s’mores dessert tarts.
The marshmallow deliciously melted in my mouth with the warm milk chocolate and all too familiar graham cracker crust rounding out that classic summer flavor combination! So obviously I had to make it at home…
Mini S’mores Tarts
I knew that I wanted to recreate it, but after such an indulgent trip, I had to wait a while before whipping them up.
That’s all in the past and now we have mini s’mores dessert tarts. Cue the celebration music!! The mini graham cracker crust takes a bit of work (to shape it properly), but otherwise these small desserts are super fast and easy.
Once you’ve got the crust all figured out, you add the Hershey’s Kiss and mini marshmallows (or you can use homemade marshmallows)! A few minutes under the broiler and you’re all set!
They’re delightful warm out of the oven and delicious once they’ve cooled. Of course with these ingredients, I’m sure they’ll make you happy at any temperature!
These would also be perfect for a kids’ party (see these camping party food ideas for more inspiration)!
The other great thing about this s’mores dessert recipe (no matter the time of year) is that you don’t have to heat up the entire house waiting for the oven to preheat.
Turn the broiler on just before you’re ready to bake these mini tarts and turn it off when you’re done!
Of course, if you’re craving these s’mores tarts in the winter, you can certainly let your oven warm up the kitchen a bit!
If you’re looking for more chocolate, try this Scottish dessert tiffin. It’s a chocolately morsel filled with cookie crumbles and dried fruit. It’s divine! And these chocolate cinnamon toast crunch bars will be another childhood blast from the past!
MINI S’MORES TARTS
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 18 chocolate kisses or chunks
- 1¼ cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, brown sugar, and salt. Using a mini muffin pan, pat approximately 1½ tablespoons of graham cracker mixture into each tart shell. Use fingers to cover bottom and sides of each shell. Bake four minutes. Remove from oven.
- Turn oven to broil. Place one kiss or chocolate chunk and 6 mini marshmallows into each tart shell. Broil two minutes until marshmallows start to turn golden brown with some darker spots. Let cool a few minutes.
- Carefully remove tarts from pan with back of thin knife or toothpick. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
- Store in airtight container.