I like Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. Like A LOT!! I never buy it though. I might eat it once a year and it’s usually at my sister’s house. If I find out she has a box, I’ll dig my hands in and grab a handful like I haven’t been fed recently… Luckily, they know me and would never judge me (hopefully!). When I saw a TV ad for Chocolate Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, I almost fell off the treadmill I was running on. Not only did the cereal sound drool-worthy, but then I dreamed of making rice krispie treats with them! This cereal makes me do embarrassing things as you can see. Anyway, this Chocolate Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars recipe would be exactly the same with the regular or chocolate version of this cereal.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars
You can use your standard rice krispie treat recipe, but you might try two tricks to make them even better. The first is courtesy of my sister. It’s the addition of vanilla after the marshmallows are melted. It’s good – it will change your cereal-marshmallow life forever.
The second trick was one I tried for the first time in this Cinnamon Toast Crunch bars recipe – and that was to brown the butter before adding in the marshmallows. It adds just a hint of nuttiness and chocolate with browned butter is good – it’s just science! You can use the vanilla and the brown butter trick on any cereal marshmallow treats!
How do you make Cocoa Krispies Rice Krispie Treats?
People ask this specific question on google a lot and it’s awesome because you can basically make any cereal into rice krispie treat bars – the world is your oyster!
CHOCOLATE CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH BARS
This Chocolate Cinnamon Toast Crunch marshmallow treat is an unexpectedly delicious morsel. Use the recipe with your favorite cereal for a perfect treat for yourself!!
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1-10 oz. package marshmallows I prefer minis
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 Cups Chocolate Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
- Spray 8x8 or 9x9 inch square pan with nonstick spray.
- Brown butter over medium heat (approx. 5-7 minutes). The butter should be fragrant. Turn heat to low. Add marshmallows. Melt marshmallows and butter together, continuously stirring.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla. Add cereal and combine until melted marshmallow covers every piece.
- Pat into greased pan and let cool completely before cutting.