Have you ever found that the dishes that become mainstays in your kitchen often tend to come from times when you had no plans for dinner and came up with something creative with what you had on hand to avoid a trip to the store? I swear this normally happens on Mondays for us. I rarely shop for groceries on the weekend and I avoid markets on Mondays like the plague. And then Monday afternoon comes around and I remember I need to keep our family of two alive with a meal. Ugh!
Anyway, one such Monday, I was craving breakfast-y kinds of comfort. I had a random assortment of veggies and I had some salmon. When I explained to my husband what was for dinner, I confidently said, “salmon frittata – a yummy egg dish with sauteed veggies and tasty spinach.” I faked the confidence in my dish, but he totally bought it and somehow, I did too. When I served up our dinner, we were both excited by how delicious it was! So excited were we, I made it again a few weeks later. I love that this recipe is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and it comes together quickly and in a single pan. YES!!!
And I’d be remiss if I didn’t share how delicious the leftovers are in a tortilla with avocado. It’s like breakfast tacos. So, so good. This is the kind of fish recipe you’ll want to have for leftovers too!If you’re looking for a hearty and filling recipe to make for house guests in the coming weeks, this is it. Serve it with potatoes and/or good bread and some fresh fruit for a delectable meal that everyone will remember…
how to cook frozen salmon on the stovetop
This salmon frittata recipe uses Gorton’s Classic Grilled Salmon fillets. I’m trying to be better about eating more fish at home. It isn’t as easy as I want it to be. These fillets come seasoned, so you just need to cook them up for healthy, deliciousness! Talk about easy Monday, Tuesday, and any night of the week! Traditionally, I’d follow the directions for cooking the salmon in the oven, but I was really trying to get this all done in a single dish. The recipe below directs you to cook the frozen salmon on the stovetop after letting it sit out for a bit to defrost. I wasn’t sure how it would turn out but it was easy and delicious! My two favorite things!!
If you're looking for a way to make your brunch a little fancier (or your breakfast for dinner a little heartier like us), then this salmon frittata is for you. Made with frozen salmon, it's hearty and full of flavor - perfect as an easy dinner and fit for fine entertaining!
- 2 Gorton's Classic Grilled Salmon Fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more if necessary
- 1 medium bell pepper chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence or dried thyme
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1 cup shredded/crumbled cheese cheddar or goat cheese are delicious
- Remove salmon from freezer. Let sit 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop vegetables.
- Add oil to pan (pan must be at least 2" high and have a lid). Add salmon fillets. Cook 4 minutes per side. Watch out for sizzling. Remove to plate.
- If necessary, add one to two teaspoons olive oil to pan. Add chopped bell pepper, onion, and zucchini to pan. Top with salt, pepper, garlic, and herbs. Sautee five minutes until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, break apart the salmon fillets with forks.
- Add salmon to vegetables and mix thoroughly. Use spatula to scrape bottom of pan. Spread salmon and vegetables evenly in pan - don't pat down. Top with beaten eggs. Make sure eggs cover all veggies and salmon by tilting the pan. Top with lid and lower heat to medium-low. Cook five minutes.
- Add shredded cheese over egg mixture. Cover and cook another three minutes.
- Serve in slices with sour cream, avocado, and/or chopped green onion.
Make this recipe? I'd love to see how it turned out. Tag me @LMinthekitchen on Instagram and use #LMrecipes, so I can see your creation! xo
This post was sponsored by Gorton’s. Thank you for supporting all Luci’s Morsels collaborations.