I’ll wait until you’re done drooling over this cherry tomato appetizer board. Go ahead! I certainly did…
The world of charcuterie boards, cheese plates, and appetizer platters seems to be getting more and more elaborate. With the likes of Fig & Honey and Lady & Larder, it’s easy to think that setups like this need to be complicated in order to be drool worthy.
But I’m here to remind you that beautiful, delicious food can be EASY! Because who has time for fretting these days?
Cherry Tomato Appetizer Board
Summer is tomato season. Growing up, I wasn’t big on tomatoes. Now I know that in-season tomatoes shouldn’t even be compared to those tough, grainy things sold other times of year.
Alas. Living in Sacramento – and now that my mom is growing tomatoes this year – I plan to be good and sick of them come September when I’ve eaten more than my weight in fresh, local tomatoes.
This tomato appetizer board isn’t complicated. In truth, it’s fresh tomatoes (see how to store tomatoes here), two store-bought cheeses, and a sliced baguette. Yep, that’s it. Even with how hot it is right now, we can handle that.
Of course the heirloom cherry tomatoes are really what makes this board look over the top, but any variety would look great. What’s also fun is the combination of whole and halved tomatoes!
You could certainly add some other produce to the board. Sliced cucumbers would be a beautiful color addition to the board.
Crackers are an option as well, but I find with the juiciness of the tomatoes, a sturdy bread is best. And with that said, a great spreadable cheese is ideal for this setup. Then it all just melts easily in your mouth with every bite!
You can check out these simple cheese board ideas as well!
CHERRY TOMATO APPETIZER BOARD
- 1 pint heirloom cherry or grape tomatoes
- Prepared or homemade vegetable cream cheese whipped if desired
- Herbed goat cheese at room temperature and stirred until smooth
- 1 baguette sliced, toasted if desired
- Herbs to garnish cheeses if desired
- Create a mix of cherry tomatoes by halving and quartering some. Slicing a few and leaving a few whole. Arrange the tomatoes on a serving board.
- Transfer the cream cheese and goat cheese to serving dishes and arrange on the tray. Add the sliced baguette and sprinkle the cheeses with fresh herbs.