This smoked sausage skillet recipe is sponsored by Al Fresco. All opinions are my own.
Some meals make you happy just by looking at them, don’t they? This is one of those for me. All those veggies just call my name. And then there’s the tasty chicken sausage. And this time it’s sweet & smoky bbq, which screams summer, doesn’t it? This smoked sausage skillet recipe doesn’t require a grill or planning, really, so it’s pretty fantastic on all levels!
Smoked Sausage Skillet
I shared that sausage and polenta meal prep recipe a few weeks ago as a tasty make-ahead lunch option. I like buying al fresco chicken sausage for meal prepping, but let’s be honest, I’m not always that organized.
What I am good at, however, is buying things at the market I know will come in handy whenever I need them (i.e. last minute dinner ideas). It’s so easy to throw together a delicious dinner when you have veggies and sausage on hand. You can keep the sausage in your fridge or freezer until you’re ready to use it (though rarely does that last too long).
The options are kind of endless. Besides that sausage and polenta recipe (a perfectly delectable dinner), there’s also a roasted butternut squash pasta recipe and this sausage grain bowl (ideal for breakfast or dinner)!
Ok. But before we get carried away with all the options, let’s just take a minute for this sausage and veggie skillet. We love grilling in the summer, but sometimes it’s too late or it just sounds like too much work.
We love veggie-heavy meals that are filling but on the lighter side in the summer like this one. The sweet & smoky bbq chicken sausage is packed full of flavor and the veggies grill up quickly.
The recipe below has bell peppers, zucchini, and corn. These are all great summer seasonal produce.
As usual, you can sub in/out whatever you want or have on hand! Onions would be great. Mushrooms too. I wouldn’t hesitate throwing in some finely chopped kale. Honestly, whatever makes you happy!
Looking for other recipes with chicken sausage? Try this one pot sausage pasta for dinner, a delicious fall salad topped with sliced chicken sausage, and this meal-prep sausage and polenta. And don’t skip this easy chicken sausage breakfast bowl that’s SUCH a good, easy dinner idea!
HEALTHY SMOKED SAUSAGE SKILLET
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Al Fresco Sweet & Smoky BBQ Chicken Sausages
- 1 medium green bell pepper cored and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper cored and chopped
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- Kernels from two ears of sweet corn
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon mixed chopped fresh herbs (such as basil chives, or parsleplus extra for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the sausages and cook, turning often, until the are lightly browned and warmed through, about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and transfer the sausages to a plate.
- Add the bell peppers to the skillet and return the heat to medium-high. Cook for 2 minutes until the peppers are glistening in oil. Add the zucchini and cook for 3 more minutes, until the edges of the vegetables being to brown. Stir in the corn and cook for 2 more minutes, or until the veggies reach your desired tenderness.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, and herbs. Add the sausages back to the skillet and warm in the vegetables for about 1 minute. Sprinkle with more chopped herbs and serve.
This smoked sausage skillet recipe is sponsored by Al Fresco. As always all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting all Luci’s Morsels conversations!